Monday, December 8, 2008

Nutcrackers Galore




Our 1st Christmas decoration was a nutcracker. Since then, I have bought at least 1 nutcracker each year. I was lucky a few years ago when Brett was in the Northeast and stopped by "The Christmas Tree Shoppe" and got me 8 new nutcrackers. Then my friend April got me the biggest one of my collection. While I was packing them up, I had the BIG one to the side, because he was too big for the box. I looked over and saw Liam hitting him in the face with a ball. I decided that I would mark how much Liam had grown by measuring him with the nutcracker.

Our 1st nutcracker


Hitting the nutcracker in the face



Almost as tall the nutcracker - 2006

2007

2008

The newest nutcracker is the closest one I have found that looks Scottish. This tartan is not Brett's g-grandmother's, but close. The Wallace tartan has more yellow and black. I think this is "Stewart", but he is still cute. I'm sure he will have a few more buddies after Christmas as this is the best time to buy them.








1 comment:

Tina said...

Hey girl...

I cannot believe how much Liam has grown from last year to now...WOW

Love your Nutcrackers....

I'm so glad you started a blog....
looks good.