Sunday, April 19, 2009

I wanna go to BIG Church

Most Sundays, Liam goes from his Sunday School class to the nursery thanks to his teacher. I usually check on him through the back door. Today, I went to his class to see him and take him to Ms Connie's class. He told me he did not want to go to Ms. Connie's, he wanted to go to "Big Church" ( regular church service). I could not tell him no, so off we went. Brett was giving blood in the fellowship hall and Gavin was getting dressed in his acolyte clothes. Liam and I got a seat and waited. Madison sits with the youth so I am all by myself with Liam. We go over the rules of not talking and we sit down unless we all stand up. Liam agrees to this thanks to a little soda bribe. When Gavin was an acolyte (person that carries the light (candle lighter), takes the offering to the altar and brings the light out) I am usually nervous. There have been times when his light goes out and has to get the other person lighting to re-light his candle, or he forgets to get the light before church is over and he is rushing to get the candle out. Today there we no major problems with Gavin other than his light went out again. (We have decided there is a vent that blows at the wrong angle.) Liam did pretty good until the offering, which was a good time to take him to the nursery. Maybe next week, he will last longer. He might even get to go down for the children's sermon.

Sorry Mary, I did not get any pics of Gavin as an acolyte. He is very modest when it comes to serving and get embarassed when I try to take pictures. I will get some I promise.

1 comment:

Tina Ward said...

Liam is growing up so fast....

It seems like just yesterday he was born....