Sunday, April 26, 2009

Never a boring time

Saturday was going to be good. We did not have to be abywhere, so I did not have to get up early . After our usual Saturday waffles, we got dressed and headed to get feed. Brett & I had talked about going to Nate's for crawfish earlier this week, but waited until Madison & Gavin could go. I am pretty particular about my crawfish. I do not like to peel them and see the "Thanksgiving Dinner" it just ate. I am guessing most restaurants do not purge them before boiling. Ok, so we get our crawfish at Nate's. But, there is not any corn or potatoes. When we asked, our waitress told us we had to order them seperate. WHAT!?!? Shouldn't that be part of the order? We order more crawfish and some potatoes and corn. With Gavin getting a pitching machine, he needed more balls, so off to the sporting store. Now mind you we have Liam with us, he does not really like the sporting goods store, so Brett drops Liam, Madison, & myself at Toys 'r Us. This should keep Liam entertained. I ask Madison to watch him so I can get a new sheet for his bed. I go around the corner and come back and they are gone. No big deal...they are on the next isle. Not there...next isle....not there, go up and down the isles calling their names and looking for them. No where to be found. I am not panicing, but I wish I had given Madison her phone back. I think if I go to the front of the store, I can see if they come out of any of the isles. I wait about 5 minutes and the nice customer service lady asks if I need any thing. I tell her I cannot find my kids and could she page them for me. They call for them twice, ask what they are wearing and their ages, call again and them call to lock the doors and search the store. I am trying not to panic, but I have met myself and I and PANICING. I really want to cry, but I am trying to stay composed. All of the sudden I hear, "Found them". Hooray!!!! Liam was at the Thomas the Train set and Madison could not get him to leave. She said she didn't hear me calling her name. Holy Cow!!! I have never been more scared. I didn't think she would have left without telling me, but now days you never know what will happen. I am just glad that Toys 'r Us was willing to lock down the store to help locate someone's kids. What a relief.

Now, I have swine flu to worry about.

3 comments:

April said...

Oh Wow!

That's pretty funny now, but I'm sure it wasn't at the time. How embarrasing to have a bunch of people locked in a store because your kid is too busy with Thomas the Train. LOL!!

Tina said...

Priceless....

Hey I am worried about the flu also. LOL

Anonymous said...

BOY, THOMAS THE TRAIN? WELL, WORKING W/CUSTOMERS AT LEAST TOYS R US FOLLOWED PROTOCOL AND DID THE RIGHT THING. (I BET THIS HAS HAPPENED A TIME OR TWO BEFORE W/KIDS NOT PAYING ATTENTION AND GETTING LOST IN THE MOMENT). WE HAVE CODE "ADAM" POSTED IN OUR STORES FOR SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES. :)