Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a cute baby

This is the only picture I have of any of the 5 calves that were born this weekend. With trying to weigh, keep an eye on the momma's and Liam, I had little time to take pictures. When I would try to help Brett get the sling around a calf, Liam would freak out that mom was coming over. How do you explain to a 3 year old, that the momma cow is just trying to make sure we are not hurting her baby, much less explain to the momma cow, that the little creature (Liam) screaming is not going to hurt her baby or that we are just checking to make sure everything is ok? It is stressful with just Brett & I, add Liam and it becomes 10 times more. I do not think any of the cows would try to hurt Liam, but I have to protect him as much as they have to protect their baby.

No comments: